Training & Development is a continuous process for an individual to achieve its goals by improving the skills and knowledge of the individual.
- The training and development function in an Insitute has gained a lot of importance due to advancements in technology and changes in market forces.
- Training is basically a systematic procedure for transferring technical know-how to the students/future employees so as to increase their knowledge and skills for doing particular jobs.
- Training usually involves teaching operational or technical students/future employees on how to do their jobs more effectively and/or efficiently. Training is a process of teaching students/ new employees the basic skills to perform their jobs.
- Efforts made to improve students’/employee’s ability to handle a variety of assignments.
- Development is a process of preparing students/employees for the future position and improve their personal skills to handle the critical situations in an organization.
- Development is generally aimed at helping managers better understand and solve problems, make decisions, and capitalize on opportunities.
- Development is often considered an HR function.
- Development is broader in scope and focuses on individual’s gaining new capabilities useful for both present and future jobs.
“Remember, training is not what is ultimately important… Performance is.”
– Marc Rosenberg
And We create a performer. A robot can be well trained, but humans can be developed into a better person.
Total Page Visits: 229 - Today Page Visits: 2